The Pi Network price traded at $0.0805 on Friday, October 16, gaining 4.58% over 24 hours.

The rebound came ahead of today’s scheduled Protocol v28 Mainnet upgrade .

The broader cryptocurrency market rose 1.61% to $2.76 trillion, leaving PI ahead of the overall recovery.

Bitcoin price traded near $82,106, Ethereum hovered around $2,435, and XRP stood at approximately $1.33.

After the successful implementation of Protocol 27 on the Mainnet, Pi Testnet has already embarked on the journey to Protocol 28. As of October 13, node operators needed to upgrade their software ahead of the Mainnet transition on October 16.

The update enhances the network’s ability to deal with delayed data from transactions. It also enables developers to upgrade groups of smart contracts together. Another enhancement enables safe modification of application data that is stored.

Following the successful completion of the Protocol 27 upgrade on Pi Mainnet, Pi Testnet has upgraded to Protocol 28.

Protocol 28 improves how the network handles delays in transaction data and enables developers to upgrade groups of smart contracts at once and change stored data more safely as their applications develop.

All Node operators must upgrade their nodes to Protocol 28 by October 13, 2026, in preparation for the Mainnet Protocol 28 network upgrade on October 16, 2026.

Together, these changes could simplify application maintenance and reduce operational difficulties for developers.

However, the scheduled activation date should be distinguished from confirmation that the network has completed its transition. Traders will also watch whether early gains survive profit-taking once the scheduled upgrade attracts wider attention.

The Pi Core Team has announced its first Pi Ecosystem Summit, a three-day online event running November 17–19. The program includes new platform features, developer demonstrations, and application showcases from community builders and partnering companies.

An all-new hackathon will also be introduced, with additional details expected during the event.

The First-ever Pi Ecosystem Summit has been announced by @PiCoreTeam.

– New platform and features releases – Developer demos – App showcases from community and partnering companies -All-new hackathon, and more.

I like. Maybe we’re about to see the reason behind the protocol-upgrades sprint.

The summit could help explain how developers intend to use capabilities introduced through the recent protocol upgrades. The team has not confirmed a connection between the summit and its protocol upgrade schedule. For PI holders, the stronger signal would be applications attracting users and generating sustained network activity.

The Relative Strength Index stands at 40.43, below the neutral midpoint of 50. The MACD indicator with 12 and 26 period settings rounds to zero and has a neutral classification.

In a bullish scenario, $0.0850 is an initial recovery target, followed by the $0.0890–$0.0900 area.

A sustained breakout above this resistance zone could bring the psychological $0.10 level into view, per the future Pi Coin outlook .

On the downside, $0.0800 is the immediate pivot, followed by $0.0780 and $0.0750. The $0.0750 level marks Thursday’s low and offers support. Losing that floor could expose the broader $0.0700–$0.0705 area.

CoinGape has covered the cryptocurrency industry since 2017, aiming to provide informative insights Read more… to our readers. Our journal analysts bring years of experience in market analysis and blockchain technology to ensure factual accuracy and balanced reporting. By following our Editorial Policy, our writers verify every source, fact-check each story, rely on reputable sources, and attribute quotes and media correctly. We also follow a rigorous Review Methodology when evaluating exchanges and tools. From emerging blockchain projects and coin launches to industry events and technical developments, we cover all facets of the digital asset space with unwavering commitment to timely, relevant information.

Can Bitcoin Price Defend $80K as Fed’s Hammack Warns of More Aggressive Action on Inflation?

Could XRP Price Drop to $1.25 Despite 13 Consecutive Weeks of ETF Inflows?

The CPI Data Are Dropping Today- Where Will Bitcoin Price Go Next?

Chainlink Price Eyes 10% Rally After ETF’s Second-Biggest Inflow of $9.48M